The Certified Performance Leadership Coach (CPLC) certification program is targeted at leaders, HR practitioners and professionals seeking to be an ICF credentialed coach. The program aims to equip learners with the coaching competencies to coach at the individual and team level. So as to enhance performance and achieve organisational goals.
The CPLC certification is accredited by International Coaching Federation (ICF) under the ACC Level 1 pathway, for those pursuing the ICF ACC (Associate Certified Coach) credential. An ICF Credential is a professional certification indicating that you have met specific standards and requirements designed to develop and refine your coaching skills. Please see details on ICF Credentialing changes with effect from 1 January 2023.
Becoming an ICF (International Coaching Federation) Credentialed Coach
The first step to becoming a professional coach is to decide which regulatory body to be associated with. For example, ICF is the largest global organisation dedicated to professional coaching. More importantly, ICF is regarded as the main accrediting and credentialing body for both training programs and coaches.
BP Coach Training is an ICF accredited training provider delivering coach certification program in Asia Pacific. Our organisation is also a SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) Registered Training Provider (RTP) delivering WSQ (Workforce Skills Qualification) program under the Skills Framework.
ICF Credential Requirements
To attain the first level of ICF credential of Associate Certified Coach (ACC), the requirements are:
- Complete a minimum of 60 hours of coach-specific training
- Complete 10 hours of mentor coaching
- Performance evaluation (one audio recording and written transcript of a coaching session)
- Clocked 100 coaching hours* (75 hours must be paid-coaching, 25 hours can be pro-bono coaching) – no time limit
- Complete an online Credential Examination, administered by ICF Global
- Receive ICF ACC credential upon successful completion
*At least 25 of these hours must occur within the 24 months prior to submitting the application for the credential
Most training providers will offer the first three items as part of the ICF Coach Certification (ACC Level 1) program. The CPLC Program covers the first 3 steps of the ICF ACC credentialing process. After that, individuals who are pursuing the ICF ACC credential can complete the rest of the requirements at their own time.
CPLC Coaching Certification Program Outline
Overall, there are 4 modules that learners would need to complete under the Certified Performance Leadership Coach (CPLC) certification program as shown below:
Total Program = 60 hours coach-specific training and 10 hours of mentor coaching
- Three modules of coach-specific training (Each module consists of 2 days classroom training cum pre-course eLearning)
- Coaching for Performance and Capability Development (CPD) – Coaching Foundation
- Emotional Intelligence (EQ) for Transformational Leadership (EQT) – Transformational Coaching
- Team Leadership for Performance and Results (TLP) – Team Coaching
- Enhancing Coaching Capabilities through Mentor coaching (1 day classroom training cum performance evaluation submission)
For more information on the course outline, objectives, eligible SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) funding and schedules, please click on each module title above.
Certified Performance Leadership Coach (CPLC) Modules
M Hotel - Singapore
M Hotel - Singapore
Hotel (City) - Singapore
M Hotel - Singapore
This program is structured to provide learners the flexibility to complete the modules at their own pace. However, learners must complete all the 4 modules (3 coach-specific training modules and mentor coaching session cum peformance evaluation) to earn the “Certified Performance Leadership Coach” certificate.
As part of scaffolding learning strategy, the learner would firstly have to complete Module 1 first. Essentially, this covers the foundation of coaching which include the basic core coaching skills and process.
Secondly, upon learning the foundational skills, he can proceed to Module 2, which will focus on transformational coaching. As a result, this will allow the learner to hone the necessary skills to “Coach the Person”. This means helping the coachee become aware of the obstacles that is preventing him to decide and change. In short, the learner will acquire the skills to coach one-on-one in Module 1 & 2.
Finally, in Module 3, the learner will acquire the skills to coach one-to-many. This is important especially for a leader or team coach to improve team performance and achieve the organisational results.
What will you get at the end of the program?
- Practical coaching skills to enhance individual/team capabilities and performance
- Techniques to facilitate mindset and behavioral change in others
- Team coaching skills to enable high-performing teams to achieve organisational goals
- Accelerated pathway towards becoming an ICF credentialed coach
Successful participant will receive a “Certified Performance Leadership Coach” certificate accredited by ICF under the ACC Level 1 pathway.
To find out more about the different ICF credentialing pathways, please click here.
The total program fees for this ICF Coach Certification program is $3,810.00.